Mindas The Ruined Lands
This is the chart for the creation of any automation. Anyone with the Craft Automation feat, referred to as ‘Builder’, can build an automation. An automation of the size being built starts with anything listed as ‘Base’ in the chart below for the price listed as ‘Base Cost’. Any additions cost as listed.
Rules for crafting the automations is here.
If building a mount, the automation follows the standard mount rules in regards to passengers/movement/etc. Automations by default are solid, so builders wishing to create an area interior for travel will need to utilize the ‘Travel Inside’ ability. Read below for further details.
Automations automatically start with one attack. Any additional attacks purchased will be at a -5 unless the multiattack feat is purchased. Automations do not get additional attack based on a high BAB.
If the builder wishes to add spells to the automation it is the normal cost for imbuing an item with that spell/ability but they will need the appropriate feats.
Automations by design do not have Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma scores.
The builder can give the automation feats but the automation must still meet the prerequisites for the feat. The cost would be 250 credits per feat.
The builder can control a maximum number of HD of automations equal to twice their HD or Caster Level. No automation can have more HD than the creator has HD/CL.
- Size: The size of the automation being built.
- Space: The amount of space on the board they take up.
- Base Speed: This is the base land speed of a creature of this size.
- The Builder may choose also a Climb, Burrow or Swim speed but the automation’s based speed is half that amount rounded up to nearest 5’.
- If anything besides Land is chosen, the automation has a base land speed of:
- 1 foot for anything smaller than Small
- 5 foot for anything Small to Large
- 10 for larger than Large.
- Base Cost: This is the base price in Credits that the creature costs.
- This is just a general value and can be gained through scavenging. There are feats to reduce these costs.
- Travel Inside: This is the price it costs the builder to add an internal compartment for passenger transport.
- This doubles the number of people that can travel within the automation.
- It removes the creature’s initial attack. If the builder wants the automation to have an attack it requires additional resources.
- Base HD: This is the base d10 HD that the creatures start with.
- Automations also gain 5 HP per two HD.
- Automations have a BAB equal to their HD.
- Saves are based on 1/3 of HD.
- Add HD: If the builder wishes to increase the Automation’s HD, this is the price per HD added.
- Base Damage: This is the damage of the Automation’s starting attack.
- Extra Attacks: This is the cost for adding another attack to the Automation. Secondary attacks do 1 damage die less than the primary attack listed.
- Weapon Attacks: This is the cost for making any attack a weapon based attack. This would also require the price of the item.
- This replaces an attack, this does not add another attack.
- Example: If the builder has a medium sized automation and wants its primary attack to be an ax than they would have to pay 100 credits in parts to attach the ax and the price of the ax. It would do the damage of the ax. Many builders do this to mount magical weapons on their automations.
- Add Movement: This is the amount of speed that can be added for the price under ‘Move Cost’.
- This must be purchased for each type of movement.
- New forms of movement, aside from Flying, may be added for this price.
- Move Cost: This is the price for additional movement. ##The amount that can be added is under ‘Add Movement’.
- Fly Speed: This is the price for converting the automation’s base movement into flight.
- If the builder does this than the automation gains a Land speed equal to half the base speed rounded down.
- Base NA, Base Str, Base Dex: This is the base number of the attribute that the automation starts with.
- NA/HD, Str/HD, Dex/HD: This is the amount the automation’s stats increase per HD the builder adds over the base amount.
- Add NA, Add Str, Add Dex: This is the cost of adding one additional point to the related stat.